Applications are being accepted for Farm Credit East’s AgEnhancement program. Through its Farm Credit AgEnhancement program, Farm Credit East provides grants to organizations in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, and Vermont to help them strengthen and raise public awareness of agriculture, commercial fishing, and forest products.
Grants of up to $10,000 will be given in support of initiatives aimed at fostering and expanding all forms of agriculture, forestry, and commercial fishing, including conventional and unconventional methods of production and marketing. Program areas include, but are not restricted to, leadership development, economic viability and enhancement, programs to promote northeast agriculture and recognize ag leaders, efforts to improve understanding of agriculture, forestry, and commercial fishing in the classroom programs, and economic analysis to support agriculture.
The program helps fund initiatives that support farms of all sizes, encourage diversity, and open doors for newcomers to the industry. Funding requests from applicants who can show how their plan will benefit the agriculture, forestry, or commercial fishing sectors over the long term in the eight-state Northeast region are encouraged.
- County or local school projects.
- Programs and projects of nonagricultural charities.
- Contributions for political support purposes, scholarships or memberships in professional societies or trade organizations.
- General operating funds and ongoing program support.
- Support for website administration and enhancement.
- Capital or building projects.
- Projects for an individual or individual farm operation.
- Funding for annual state meetings, general business or corporate meetings, or regularly scheduled conferences.
- Indirect costs associated with sponsored projects.
Farm Credit AgEnhancement welcomes submission of proposals from all parts of our society. We encourage proposals from organizations that promote or facilitate minority involvement in agriculture and agriculture related businesses. To facilitate our diversity objective, Farm Credit AgEnhancement will accept and consider one-county proposals that would otherwise not be eligible.
Deadline: December 1st, 2022
Click here to Apply