2023 Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act (Title II) Formula Grant Program is open. The Indiana Criminal Justice Institute (ICJI) invites applications for the 2023 Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (Title II) Grant Program.
The State of Indiana receives Title II Formula Grant money under the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (JJDP) Act, which are managed by ICJI. The Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act (Title II) Formula Grant Program supports organizations in creating Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (JJDP) Actfor Indiana’s youngsters while also funding changes to the juvenile justice system. A competitive award, Title II.
Priority Areas for the 2023 Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act (Title II) Formula Grant Program:
Guided by the Juvenile Justice State Advisory Group, the 2021-2024 strategic plan for Indiana outlines several priorities for Title II funding. Therefore, ICJI will only consider applications that fall under one of the following purpose areas AND have the greatest impact on Hoosier youth:
- After-School Programs
- Compliance Monitoring
- Delinquency Prevention
- Indigent Defense
- Juvenile Justice System Improvement
- Mental Health Services for Youth in Custody
- Mentoring, Counseling, and Training Programs
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities
The following entities in Indiana are eligible to apply for Title II funding:
- Nonprofit organizations
- Educational institutions
- State agencies
- Units of local government.
- Neither the invitation to submit an application nor the use of ICJI staff for technical assistance implies that an applicant will receive a grant award. Continuation funding is not guaranteed from year to year. All awards are contingent upon the availability of funds.
- Title II is a competitive grant, and there is a 10% match required to participate. If selected, sub recipients must adhere to all of the requirements outlined in the request for proposal.
- Title II is a reimbursement-based grant.
Grant Period: The award period for the 2023 solicitation is: January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023.
Note: Applicants must select only one purpose area per application; however, they may submit multiple applications if they wish to operate more than one program and/or address more than one purpose area.
To learn more about the grant opening, click here.